Children in Years 2 to 9 now take national tests in reading and numeracy each summer. It is really important that your child is in school to take the tests. Please try not to take your child out of school during the testing period unless it is essential. This year the testing period for Primary Children is:
Tuesday 28/04/2020 – Tuesday 05/05/2020
Online Personalised Assessments will be phased in over a three-year period as part of the Welsh Government Tests for pupils in Years 2 to 9. Please take a look at the short animation below for more information.
Further information about Online Personalised Assessments can be found on the Welsh Government website
- Personalised assessments are adaptive, meaning that questions are selected based on the responses to previous questions. This provides a tailored assessment experience for each learner and will help all learners develop their skills through understanding what they can do, the things they need to work on, and their next steps.
- The assessments provide schools with information on the skills of individual learners and whole classes.
- There is no ‘test window’ for personalised assessments; timing is at the school’s discretion.
- Learners can take the personalised assessments in small or large groups, depending on the schools’ preferences and facilities, and schools do not need a large number of devices
- Learners are required to take the assessment once during the academic year. Schools also have the option to use the assessment once more during the academic year.