Learning Assets at Sully Primary School
- have a growth mindset and see mistakes as an important part of learning.
- can persevere and work through difficulties when the going gets tough.
- recognise and reduce distractions to create the best environment for learning.
- are absorbed in what they are doing.
- are ready to learn in a range of different ways.
- know what to do when they are stuck.
- use a range of resources from the wider world – books, other people, previous experiences and the internet.
- make links and see connections with previous learning and experiences.
- think of themselves as learners and how they might improve.
- can set and work towards achieving targets.
- know what they need to do in order to achieve their own personal targets.
- can use success criteria to give an honest opinion about their work and the work of others.
- have a desire to know more about a topic.
- have a thirst for learning.
- are keen to continue their learning in school or at home.
- ask relevant questions to further their knowledge or understanding.
- are actively engaged in lessons.
- work with others on shared goals, questions and challenges.
- actively listen and respect other people’s views.
- are able to take on different roles within a team.
- understand how their behaviour can affect others (show empathy).