The staff at Sully PS are our most valuable resource, as such there is a continuous drive to further develop their knowledge and pedagogy in order to always provide a first-class education for all our pupils.
Professional development actions that are taking place this year include:
- Miss Jayne Eaton has recently undertaken a one year long sabbatical to learn Welsh.
- Mr Steve Williams is currently undertaking a secondment with the Central South Consortium as a challenge Advisor, supporting several schools within Rhondda Cynon Taff.
- Mrs Claire Williams is receiving training in numerous areas associated with Additional Learning Needs in order to assist her in her new ALNCO role.
- Mrs Louise Barlow is currently taking a secondment working across the Penarth Cluster as a Parent Link Officer. She is spending one day a week working within each cluster primary school and is focusing her efforts supporting the well-being of pupils and their families.
- Several teachers are attending training linked to the effective implementation of the New Curriculum.
- Mrs Waddington is currently undertaken a 2-year training programme for newly appointed and acting headteachers.
- Miss Shelley Harries and Mrs Andrea Waddington continue to support and mentor Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) across the authority.