The staff of Sully PS are the school’s most valuable resource. Their professionalism and drive to find new ways to develop the pupils in their care makes them a highly effective team.
The school supports staff in their quest to continue their professional development.
Some of the ways in which this can be seen can be found below:
- Mrs Basar, Mrs Thomas and Mrs Rees-Williams have recently been assessed and recognised as Higher Learning Teaching Assistants (HLTAs).
- Mrs Barlow has been trained to be an external assessor by the CSC/Welsh Government for those wishing to become HLTAs.
- Mrs Parry has been integral in leading the school’s international programme to the point where we have been awarded the International Schools Award by the British Council, one of very few schools globally to have achieved this accolade. She is also learning Chinese Mandarin in her own time.
- Mrs Sheldon is our Creative Lead Champion and was recently seconded to the Vale of Glamorgan LA to support fellow Additional Learning Needs Coordinators (ALNCos) and schools in preparation for the highly anticipated ALN Bill.
- Miss Price is the school’s EAL champion and recently led a Professional Learning Community of fellow professionals in the development of Growth Mindset.
- Mrs C. D. Williams and Miss Eaton lead the school’s Welsh language hub programme.
- Mrs Waddington is currently studying for a Masters, has been awarded the National Qualification for Headship (NPQH) award, is a peer inspector for Estyn and is an external NQT mentor.
- Miss Harries is one of the school’s Foundation Phase leaders and is an external NQT mentor.
- Mrs Munro-Morris has recently undertaken a long term TechnoCamp training programme in Swansea University to assist in the introduction of coding into the classroom.
- All staff are given the opportunity to undertake studies via programmes such as eTwinning and Erasmus, this may also involve international travel and pupil projects.