We aim to develop pupils’ understanding of how and why they are learning different concepts. we have recently introduce Learning Assets to our pupils so that the language of learning becomes embedded in our school.
Our Learning Assets are:-
- have a growth mindset and see mistakes as an important part of learning.
- can persevere and work through difficulties when the going gets tough.
- recognise and reduce distractions to create the best environment for learning.
- are absorbed in what they are doing.
- are ready to learn in a range of different ways.
- know what to do when they are stuck.
- use a range of resources from the wider world – books, other people, previous experiences and the internet.
- make links and see connections with previous learning and experiences.
- think of themselves as learners and how they might improve.
- can set and work towards achieving targets.
- know what they need to do in order to achieve their own personal targets.
- can use success criteria to give an honest opinion about their work and the work of others.
- have a desire to know more about a topic.
- have a thirst for learning.
- are keen to continue their learning in school or at home.
- ask relevant questions to further their knowledge or understanding.
- are actively engaged in lessons.
- work with others on shared goals, questions and challenges.
- actively listen and respect other people’s views.
- are able to take on different roles within a team.
- understand how their behaviour can affect others (show empathy).